Friday, July 14, 2006

For such a small bathroom

... it really seems quite big with all the painting I'm doing. And I'm just getting the primer down. I haven't painted around the sink where I'll be laying tiles soon. I think I'll save that until after I've grouted the tiles. I'm going to have to some creative checkbook balancing and perhaps a little bit of floating so I can buy the tiles and actual paint for the bathroom. I slept in this morning which was wonderful. I hadn't heard from Matt so I decided to start putting on the primer. Sure enough, as soon as I started, Matt called to say he was on his way. Good news is that he finished grouting the floor tile. He also took out the warped backsplash behind the sink. He'll replace it with another piece of wood and then take the sink out so I can start tiling. I went to director's band today and Dr. Garner was late for probably the first time in history. Somehow he was an hour behind schedule so he got to our rehearsal about 20 minutes late. I did get to see Josh for about 10 seconds though. He got some mail at home and I brought it to him. After I got home I did a little more painting, then made some dinner. Then I painted some more. Then I watched Monk and Pysch. Then I painted some more. Now I'm tired.
Guess I'll go to be and then do some more painting in the morning.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Are you redoing the bathroom that was painted purple? If the grout is blue, what color are the tiles?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Annabel said...

No, I'm painting the hall bath which is Josh's bathroom. The floor tile is white with diamond shaped black/blue pieces in the center. I wanted a dark tile for cleaning purposes. It is a boy's bathroom and you know how their aim is. The is the last room in the house to basically be redone, but all of them could still use some work.