Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Who has time to worry about lonliness?

Sorry for the previous pity post. I'm over it. Perhaps it was the glass (or two) of wine I had before writing it. Things have been busy here. Yesterday I went up to the school and got a look at my room. It's a nice large space, but it will definitely need some work. The previous teacher painted the room pink and green. There might have been a point in my life where I thought pink and green was a cool color combination, but I've outgrown it. There is a ton of storage along one wall, but the majority of the cabinets and drawers have locks and I couldn't open all of them. It needs to be majorly cleaned, repainted, and rearranged. I also need desks for the room and have made a request to my principal. There is a great storage/office space area that will be great if I can get all the stuff that's currently in there cleared out. Overall, I'm pleased with the space but want to make it my room.

After my trip to Hereford, I came back home and picked up Wendy's for lunch. Then I cleared the bathroom so my friend Matt could come work on the floor. After he got here and got started, I headed to Lowe's to get grout for the tile. Unfortunately, they didn't have the color I wanted. I then headed to Home Depot and they didn't have it either. I'm going to have to call around to other stores today and see if I can find someone with it in stock. Matt did a great job yesterday and he was able to get the entire floor down. I think it looks great. I'm going to be doing the tiling on the countertop, however. Matt doesn't have the time to do all of that so he's going to leave me instructions. I hope I can do it. I still have painting to do in there as well. I got started on the drawers already by priming them. I still need to get the actual paint.

So I have a lot of projects going on to keep me busy. Between the bathroom, my room at school, and director's band, I won't have much time for anything else.

No comments: