Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Still in the wrong business

I got my bill for my ultrasound that I had in June. At first I think I was reading it wrong and thought I owed $912.77. I was a bit taken aback by that since I was told at first that I would only owe around $300. But when I read it again it said that amount was the total charges and that the account balance is $88.02. So I think I'm getting off better than what I was originally told even though they ultimately charged (the insurance company) more than originally planned. But I still don't have any information as to whether or not the tests revealed anything. I called my doctor's office to see if they could tell me anything and the nurse/administrative assistant is out on vacation. So I still don't have any answers, but I did stop spotting after I started taking my pills again. I'm still in the wrong business when the hospital makes $900 for my 15 minute appointment. That is a little less than half of my current paycheck.

I went to Lowe's this morning and got the counter tile, tile adhesive, grout sealer, paint, and some paint rollers to the tune of $75. Josh's bathroom is costing more than I planned, but I am very happy with it and think it's worth it. It's still a pretty good deal though. It's basically a remodel for around $200. Luckily I've had free labor. (Well, free except for food and beer... which is much cheaper.) I ordered Josh's music software today and now he can really start creating musical masterpieces. I do expect him to win an academy award for best original music score and take care of me in my old age. He has promised that if he's ever nominated, that he will take me to the ceremony. Isn't he a good kid?

I'm still feeling a bit tired today, but I'm going to try to not take a nap. I've been generating ideas to incorporate at school next year. They are big on technology and I want to incorporate using it more in my class. I'm actually thinking of having them blog their journal writing and other assignments instead of writing them on paper. There is an educational blogging site that can be used and the teacher can read their submissions before they are posted. I think it would be cool to do that. It would save me from having to haul stacks of spirals home to grade journaling. I also want to possibly do something with podcasting. That is the big push in our district. I also still want to incorporate having a school website with assignments and links and such on it. I am just worried about keeping up with it. I think, however, that if I get the basic site up at the beginning of school, I can just add links and pages to it later. I just didn't have time last year to create a site from scratch once I learned how to use front page in the middle of the school year. It's basically because I am a perfectionist and I want my school website to look good and not like most cheesy teacher sites.

Well, I better get ready to go to the last band rehearsal. I need to practice a little bit of my music. The concerts are tomorrow. One is at 3:00 and the other is at 4:00. I think tomorrow night I'm going to plan a girl's night out. My friend Norma (Marty's sister-in-law) wanted to get together and I just invited my friend Kirsten. I'll also call my friend Pam. Any other girls instered in going, you're welcome to join us. Tiffany, you interested?

4 comments:

Summer said...

Hey Girlie! You've inspired me to start painting my stairwell. Who knows what will be next? Thanks!!! I'll keep you posted.

Annabel said...

Glad to hear it!! Post pictures when you're done! I keep forgetting to take before/after pictures. I will post my bathroom pictures when it's finished.

Summer said...

I don't think I'd want to post a before picture of this stairwell, I'd be too embarrassed with the hand prints and all. But, maybe I'll post a done one. I did get the ceiling finished and the banister off, so I can paint tomorrow. I guess I should post pictures of the whole downstairs so you can get the idea of what is coming UP the stairs. Ha!

Unknown said...

I just now this second read this post...sorry read the one before and the one after but missed this one ...how can that be possible? oh yeah bronte'. Sorry! I would have enjoyed it, I am always looking to meet new people.:) I do hope you will invite me again sometime...when you all want to meet someone new, too. Thanks for the invite sorry I missed it.