Saturday, August 05, 2006

Ahhh Shopping

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I first went to JC Penny's. They were having a really good sale. Everything that was already on sale had another 40% taken off. I got two two-piece outfits that were originally $70 for $21 each. I also got both a skirt and top for $20 total. I spent $60 there and got three outfits. After that, I headed to Dillards. Dillard's sales weren't as good, but they have really nice stuff. I think watching What Not to Wear has had an influence on me. I found some tops that are supposed to look good for my particular shape. I tried them on and they did look good, but I'm such a cheap-o that I wouldn't spend $35 for a top that was kind of flimsy material. I did end up getting two really cute short-sleeve sweaters and a pair of black slacks. I even went out on a limb and got the wide-legged style because according to WNTW that draws the attention away from a larger middle and balances out a heavier person's shape. I spent $60 at Dillards which got me another outfit and an extra top. Next, I went to Ross for Less which sells some name brand stuff at a discount because it's discontinued or sometimes flawed. There was hardly anything there that I was interested in, but did come home with two pairs of khaki capri pants. One of them is kind of dressy so I think I could still wear it to school with a nice top. I stayed under my budget of $150 and only spent $143 today. I still need shoes, but may wait until the first day of school to get those since I'll get paid then.

Shopping was a bit exhausting. I'm ready to sit in my lazy boy recliner and veg in front of the t.v. for a bit. Eventually, I'll make supper.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shopping update. I almost feel like I got to go....LOL! As for WNTW, I LOVE that show. I would love a chance to go shopping with Stacey and Clinton!

Annabel said...

I would love to go shopping and have that $5000, but I'd hate to think I deserve to be nominated! But I'm such a spend thrift that I would have a hard time shopping. I could never see spending as much as some people on certain items... like $300 for a skirt. But I could probably do some serious damage with that kind of money though.

Unknown said...

I'm a pretty careful shopper, too.
But I think I would be more apt to splurge on some really nice/expensive things if I was spending somebody else's money like that...Haha.