Monday, August 28, 2006

Drained and getting sick

I think I'm getting a cold. I woke up this morning but did not want to get up at all. I should have caught up on my sleep with all the rest I got yesterday, but I just felt exhausted this morning. About mid-morning my nose started running and I had this drained feeling. It feels like the beginning of a cold or something. My eyes are burning and watery. I didn't have a temperature when I got home, but I just took it again and although it says it's not above 98.6, it is higher than it was when I first got home. My throat is feeling a little on the sore side. I really want to just go and lie down, but I'm going to try to stay up until at least a normal bed time hour. I'm not going to plan to get any work done tonight.
I guess I need to keep some hand sanitizer in my room. I'm sure this is because of coming back to school after a break and I haven't gotten my immunity up.
I don't have a lot to share today. It was just another day at school. I don't have to drive this week except on Thursday. We may be adding a third person to our carpool and I may only end up driving twice a week at most. That would be great. I need to save some money on gas.
Well, I'm going to go take some tylenol and veg in front of the t.v. for a while.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Try some Vit C and Zinc, that should boost your immune system. Each year when my youngest goes back to school he catches a cold. All those germs from all of those kids! The hand sanitizer is a great idea! Plus the antibacterial wipes for your desk and pens, door knobs, I could go on, ha! I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest.

Unknown said...

Yep, those zinc lozenges really do seem to work. Even if they don't completely stop a cold from coming on, they really do seem to lessen the time and the symptoms. Unfortunately, they pretty much taste like crap...but oh well. I hope you feel better real soon.