Sunday, August 27, 2006

Is the weekend over?

It was an amazing weekend and I really haven't had time to blog. I wrote about the Eucharist Congress in my other blog. You can go over there to read it.

I got up early on Saturday, took a shower, took Josh to school at 6:30 for his march-a-thon, then I finished getting ready and drove up to Borger. I went to an annual speech meeting up there and attended a few sessions. It was interesting and I got some good information. Then I headed back to Amarillo for the Congress.

I got home around 8:30 and crashed around 10:30. This morning I decided I didn't want to get up for early Mass so I went to the one at 11:15. Afterwards, I came home and got Josh so he could have a vocal lesson to get ready for musical tryouts. His piano teacher also teaches voice. She was impressed with his singing ability.

Then I got home, made some lunch and sat in front of the t.v. I just couldn't keep my eyes open and so around 3:00 I took a nap. Josh left to go to the movies at 4:30. I had to pick him and his friends up at 6:30 so I finally got up shortly after he left. I sat in front of the t.v. some more. I finally started doing the dishes. Then I left to go pick the boys up. We got home around 7:00 and I started dinner and now I'm watching the Emmy awards. They just finished a segment with Dick Clark and it was so sad. I'm sure that like many of you, I grew up with American Bandstand. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I loved the music and the dancing. Not many people know this about me, but my dream job when I was a kid was to be a dancer or choreographer. I would watch bandstand in my room and dance along with the people. And when it wasn't on, I'd play records and make up dances.
It was very sad to see such an amazing icon that has always been quite youthful appear so old and frail. It's reminding me that I am indeed getting older. I know... I'm still a young pup at 36, but sometimes I feel much older.
Well, I better get busy catching up on stuff here so that I'll be ready for school tomorrow.

No comments: