Monday, August 21, 2006

Rain, rain

Go away... come again some other day. We've been praying for rain at Church, but sometimes enough is enough. It almost non-stop. It has rained the past several days with some brief interludes. Tonight was a major downpour with flooding in some areas of Amarillo. We were at choir rehearsal tonight when it hit and you could hear the thunder and the rain even in a very large Church.
Well, it's the start of another busy week. I am now carpooling, but it's my week to drive. I hope that I will see the benefits of less gas soon. Today was a regular day at school. I've decided to continue my lessons on choice and when students didn't want to present their poem/shields that they've worked on to the class, I told them it was their choice and that the highest grade they could get was a 50. I am learning to choose my battles. Tomorrow I'm going to go over my class expectations. I came home right after school and had to go to the grocery store to get cat and dog food among other items. I didn't have time to cook dinner so I picked up McDonald's and scarfed my food down before leaving to go to choir rehearsal. I got home shortly before ten and I'm going to head to bed soon.
Tomorrow is another day at school and Josh has a piano lesson. Wednesday will be my only evening that I have free this week. Thursday is the final choir practice. Friday is the beginning of the Eucharistic Congress and I need to go register right after school since I can't on Saturday morning. There is a mass and and concert on Friday night. Saturday I have to go to Borger for a speech meeting and then leave just before lunch in order to go to the session on apologetics at the Eucharistic Congress. Then I have to be in place by 4:15 to be ready to sing. The closing Mass will likely be well over 2 hours, but I think it will be an amazing service. We are singing some really awesome music and it gives me chills to think about it. And after that, I will crash for the night probably. I know it's a lot on my plate right now, but I am enjoying it.
Now it's time for bed. I want to thank all the wonderful readers and commenters that have stopped by because of Andrew's blog. I appreciate it a great deal.

4 comments:

Summer said...

I'm exhausted!

Andrew said...

I concur. I don't see how you do it. I would have to sleep for a week after all that! :-P

Unknown said...

Whew...You must have WAY more energy than I do to keep up that pace. I hope the rain lets up soon for you.

Billy said...

I am just reading this on Thursday morning, and I feel as if my 12 hour days were nothing. You are one busy woman!