Tuesday, August 29, 2006

On the war path

O.k. maybe that is a bit over dramatic. But remember when I told you about the situation with Josh's debate class? Well, I got a call last night from the UIL coordinator at the school who gave me a heads up on the situation. She indicated that they may completely do away with the class since there's not enough kids in there. She also gave me some background on the person that was supposed to be taking the job as their speech coach. I am not a very happy camper about the situation at all. So today I wrote a letter to the principal. I haven't sent it yet, because the UIL coordinator (who is one of my former advisers) told me today that they were working on another potential solution. But when I do send it, I am sending a copy to both the superintendent and the personnel director. I don't know why they didn't hire someone that actually wanted to do the job that was called for. It really takes a lot to get me worked up enough to write a letter, but I really felt it was necessary. I kept it nice, but basically stated that the kids are getting the short end of the stick and they deserve better than that. End of current rant.
In other news, I felt drained today, but a little better. I'm still fighting something. I'm giving a test to my interp & debate classes tomorrow and my comm. app. class is going to be watching a movie. Hopefully I can get caught up on all the paperwork that has accumulated on my desk.
I need to go to the store and get a few things. Josh isn't home yet. He has musical tryouts this afternoon. I hope he does well. I better get off my butt and get moving before I take a nap in this chair.

No comments: