Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Thanks for the comments

I appreciate all the comments on the bathroom. I'm still proud of it and there's still the extra work to be done, but I was busy doing other things today.

I got some sleep finally last night, but I still didn't sleep very sound. I took the tylenols at 9:00 and fell asleep around 10:40. I woke up briefly around 1:00, again around 3-something; 5-something and 8:00. I got up around 8:30 and got ready to go to Hereford. Josh went with me and drove. We went to my room and taped the trim edges so the trim could be painted. We came back home and had left over stromboli for lunch. My friend Kirsten came over and then we went to Amarillo to go shoe shopping. We went to two different stores and she tried on a million pairs of shoes.. just kidding... only about 3-4 pair at each store. At the second store, she found a winner and got a new pair of tennis shoes. Then we went to the mall to see if the southwest artsy-stuff store was still there, but it wasn't. Then we went to another clothing store across town and to the grocery store to get some special dog food for her parent's dogs. After that we came home. Josh had a doctor's appointment for 3:45 to get one of his booster shots for school. Now I'm home and worn out. We're going to the band picnic tonight at 6:30 which means I don't have to cook, so I'm thankful for that. When I get back, I hope to get started on my workshop stuff for this Friday. I'm ready to get that done with and hopefully I'll have a little bit of shopping money afterwards. That's all the excitement here today.

oh.... to answer Summer's question: No, I only actually laid one tile section. My friend Matt did the tile work until I was one section short. He left a space so I could get another tile and put it in myself. I did, however, do all the grouting on the counter as well as the caulking.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I AM impressed! OK...I'm going to paint the dining room next. See what you inspire????

Andrew said...

I cross posted this comment to my blog and yours...

Annabel,

You can get on your soapbox any time you like. Your blog is my favorite blog after all and I take great weight in what you have to say. I will mull over the ideas posted tonight and hopefully go into my psychiatrist’s office armed with some explosive ammunition. I do wish you lived closer and we could hang out. I think you would find me sober and lucid most of the time. I would look for nothing more than just being a good guy friend who you could count on in times of need. If I do have to go away, I am going to miss you the most.