Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Nice Surprise

So I spent all day at the school. I was there from 10:00 until shortly before 6:00. I came home and fixed dinner because Josh had plans this evening. But my surprise was in the mail today. You have to understand that at this point, Josh and I are hanging on by $26 in the bank account to last us another week. We're not in dire straights since I did buy groceries and we have plenty of food. But when I got home today, there was a check for $50. It was a refund for overpayment at band camp. I guess he ended up receiving a scholarship from his school or something. But it was a very nice surprise and will definitely come in handy. That means I could potentially go out to lunch with other teachers this week. I'm not saying I will... but you never know... there's always hope.

In other good news, my body is finally acting normal again. That means I haven't had a period or spotted in several days. I'm hoping this will last. Now if I could just stop hurting myself in my classroom at school.

Tomorrow is my first official day back to work. We have inservice for the next week. I hate inservice. It is a bunch of pointless meetings that try to get us fired up about teaching. I would do better by having work days in my own room getting my materials ready. But they never ask for my opinion. I did get some more potential good news today. I may have 4 classes of my competition students instead of only two. That means I'll only have either one or two classes of regular speech. If I get an extra conference again, then I'll have one class. If not, it will only be two. Something else that is good is that my conference is going to be 4th period which is during lunch, so technically it's an hour and a half. Since I generally work through lunch, it will be nice to have that time.

Last night I went to bed without any medicine. I slept o.k. for the most part. I am going to try to get away from relying on tylenol p.m. if I can. I'm already tired, but will wait until 10:00 to go to bed. I need to get some laundry done so I'll have something to wear tomorrow. It's professional dress. I want to wait and wear my new clothes when school starts.

No comments: