Monday, August 07, 2006

The dangers of painting

Well, the bruise on my abdomen from last week's injury is starting to heal. The bruise is bigger than my hand, but showing signs of fading. Today I sliced my thumb. I got a razor scraper to get the stuck masking tape off the windows and when I was wiping it off it slipped and I cut my thumb. I think I'm going to have to give up the room redecorating. I think the painting is finished. Tomorrow I'm going to go up there and put furniture in it's place and start getting organized. Now I'm tired. I came home and Josh was ready to go to the grocery store. We're on a tight budget this week so we took the calculator to add up the cost. I budgeted $75 for food to last a week and half. I had a menu planned along with Josh's requests for snacks. We did very well and it came in around $70. I'll have enough to go out for a few cheap lunches when I go back to work this week. I'll probably work through lunch on most days. I didn't get as much done this summer as I'd planned. But I'll wing it like I usually do. It's a good thing I am able to improvise at times. I'm going to try to go to bed without any sleeping pills tonight. I am already pretty exhausted so I should be able to get to sleep. I've started some laundry and the dishes desperately need to be done. Well, so much for avoiding the "this is what I did today blog." It seems everyone is taking a break from blogging these days. Haven't had many comments and only a few of my regular blogs have updated. I guess it's the start of a busy week.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I'm still reading honey. I do every day. I'm just tired, like you are. But still one of your biggest fans!

Camptown said...

Hi, I found you thru 4th Avenue Blues and I'm still readin' too. :)