Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'm almost too tired to type this post

It's been a very long day already. I got a fairly decent night's sleep. I woke up at odd hours but was able to go back to sleep fairly quickly. I got up a little after 8 and got dressed, etc. I took Josh to school at 8:45 so he could register then go to summer band practice. After that, I headed to Hereford to continue painting. I stopped at Walmart briefly to get a few more brushes and small rollers. I got to the school and spent 3 hours finishing the blue trim. I got it done despite having a bit of a fall. I was on a stool on top of this little ledge to reach the high spots at the top of the windows and the stool slipped out from under me. I think I will have a nice bruise on my abdomen. It's a bit sore. But I shook it off and finished up the trim painting. Then I gave myself a break and I went to McDonald's to get some lunch. I picked it up and came back to the school. During the afternoon, I started touching up the cream wall color in spots where the paint was a bit thin. Problem with having students help paint is that they don't always paint as think as I do. I'm more of a one coat kind of girl. That painting was simply exhausting. Up on the chair, off to refill the roller, up again, down again, rolling in every direction, stretching... you get the picture. So now my body hurts and I'm exhausted. I'm afraid to go lie down though. I think I need to stay up so I'll sleep better tonight. I also have things to do tonight. I am going to rest for a bit, however.
On the way home, I had to drive through several rain storms. I thought of my friend Andrew who would have really appreciated it. I actually thought about him all day today as it was a big day for him. I was glad to discover that there was a great deal of good news for him today and he's still going to be around for a while.
Tonight I have to continue getting ready for my workshop on Friday. I started putting stuff together last night. Luckily almost everything is already in a power point, I'm just combining some of the files and adding some of my own things. I already had a powerpoint for the workshop from last year, but I'm just combining the two for the most part. I'm also putting together a packet of information for each school and I need to finish that tonight so I can go have it printed tomorrow.
Well, I'm going to go have a glass of tea and sit in my recliner for a bit.

No comments: