Thursday, August 24, 2006

Barely time to blog.

I should be in bed already, but I just got home. Since I hadn't blogged today, I figured my readers would be expecting at least a little something. It's been a long day, but surprisingly, I'm not that tired. Had a full day at school. Then after school we had a speech team meeting that lasted about 30 minutes. I drove home and made a quick supper, ate, changed my shirt and headed up to Amarillo for our final choir rehearsal. It went pretty well. My only problems are singing the Gloria in Latin and two of the pieces that have Spanish verses. I had a bit of a hard time tonight because there was somebody singing behind me that was pretty loud, a bit off key, and off tempo. I don't claim to be a great singer. Actually, I claim to be not very good... but if I'm off, I will soften up a bit. I generally can stay mostly on pitch and I can follow the rhythms.

I am so very excited about the Eucharistic Congress. I think it is going to be amazing. There is going to be a Cardinal from Rome presiding at our closing Mass. I am quite excited about it. I'm also going to attend a session on beginning apologetics which should be interesting.

But it's going to be a very long couple of days. Friday after school I will head straight up to the Congress and attend the opening liturgy and a concert afterwards. Then on Saturday I'm heading up to Borger for a speech meeting and back to Amarillo at lunch time to go to the session, then have a choir warm up, then participate in the closing Mass. Then I'll be ready for a break. It will be a short one though. We start choir rehearsals for our parish choir next Wednesday and I will be staying after school on Thursdays to work with the speech team members. Our first tournament is now less than a month away.

I have nothing else to report. My life is busy so that's a good thing. I still love being a part of the Catholic Church. And now it's time for bed.

2 comments:

Billy said...

Sounds busy. But it's a good kind of busy because it is doing what you love, which makes all the difference. Hope you have a great time!

Summer said...

Please remember to sleep a little so I can get some rest! Haha!