Sunday, August 13, 2006

A new meme created by moi

Well, I had a lovely dinner this evening. My dad and his girlfriend bailed out, but my friend Carol did come over to eat. We had a great time with great conversation. I started some laundry this evening so I am essentially caught up for the most part. I didn't get the extra room cleaned as planned, but perhaps I will get to that soon.

I really enjoy entertaining and I wish I could do it more often. When I was married, I loved having company over for dinner or a party or something and I loved to make things for people. I love cooking (but hate the cleaning part) and I have a few favorite recipes I tend to use over and over, but I could always use some more.

So here's my meme: In my last post, I gave you one of my favorite recipes. If you are reading this post and have a blog, you are hereby tagged to do the following:
1. Post your favorite recipe in your blog.
2. Leave a comment here indicating you have done so (and give us a link if you don't officially log in). When all is said and done we should all have some new recipes to try.
3. And as a continuation of this meme... if you try any of the recipes you get from this, you should write a blog entry on it.

So get going... now you have no excuses to not blog because you have nothing to write about.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I searched and searched this morning for my grandmother’s macaroni and cheese recipe. I had it written down on a piece of notebook paper. I was going to post it to my blog to help keep your meme going. I can’t find it. The last time I made it was months ago. Gah! This is so frustrating. Well, believe me if I tell you in is indescribably delicious although laborious to make. If I find it then I will post it.

Summer said...

Oh boy...I don't usually use recipes, I just cook, fairly simple things, but, let me look around for some that I use to use!

Susanlee said...

Good idea! I did it! I'm gonna try to do your Cashew Chicken soon. Now I'm hungry...