Thursday, October 04, 2007

Convention Update

I've intended to post, but it's been really busy. I should be in bed right now since I have to get up early tomorrow morning to go to a free breakfast at 7:00 a.m. (I'm always for free meals even though I don't do breakfast very often.) The convention has been good so far. My presentation went well today. I got a lot of compliments on it and several wanted my materials. My website information has been passed around and so I hope that people will start going to it. I just haven't had time to update it much. I haven't had time for anything really. This morning started with sessions at 8:30 and I've been going all day. We just got out of our last meeting at 10:30 which was a TFA meeting that tends to go on and on.
Tonight we had a "Meet the Author" session and we had the poet Naomi Shahib Nye come and talk and read some of her work. It was AMAZING. She is such a talented writer. She actually read more of her prose work, but she had us laughing and crying in just a few minutes. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished it could have lasted longer.
I didn't get dinner tonight, but we had a reception with snack foods. It was o.k. but not terribly filling. The only problem was that there wasn't any time to actually go eat dinner.
Tomorrow will be another full day. I hope that I can possibly get to a Catholic book store that is near by. Not that I have any money to spend. I am so completely broke. I have had a few drinks while here and they are expensive. I can't afford it any more. I hope I have enough for meals the rest of the trip.
Well, that's all I have for now. I've got to get to bed soon. I'll try to post tomorrow night unless I go to the Riverwalk. I am not sure if I'll do that. I guess I'll play it by ear. I'm at the mercy of the person with the car. I'm sad that I haven't been able to read others blogs today. I hope to catch up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Billy said...

ah! Glad it's been productive so far. Can't wait for you to get home and back to normalcy on the blog. I am planning a trip right after the first of the year. Guess where I am going?