Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lunch Time Blogging

- Blogged at lunch today - but didn't have time to finish or post -

I probably should be grading papers as I eat my soup (Creamy Tomato), but I decided to blog instead. No, I don't have anything major to share, I just didn't want to grade papers any more. I'm halfway through with the debate papers. I'm grading them by reading the word files they uploaded. It's both good and bad. It saves paper, but I can't make comments on their work.

I need to find a time to talk to my principal about the library thing. I just haven't found it yet. I need to send an email and check on something before I talk to him. I need to make sure that I have to take some of the classes at a certain time and before others.

I really wish I had some chocolate right now. I don't even have any money to use in the vending machine. I was really hungry before lunch. My soup and crackers were o.k. but I need something sweet now.

- Fast Forward to Evening -

I just got back from choir rehearsal. I'm feeling a little better about singing... at least I felt better by the end of rehearsal. I just hope I'm not too exhausted on Thursday.

My dad took us to dinner tonight. We went to Feldman's and I had the chicken fried chicken covered in gravy, mashed potatoes, corn and a salad. I saved half the chicken and potatoes for lunch tomorrow. It was very yummy and I'm very glad that I didn't have to cook.

School is typical. I start getting to the point where I don't look forward to 7th period any more. It's amazing how one student can change the atmosphere of the class. Once again, the student questions the assignment I'm giving them. We're actually starting to write debate cases and because I have very specific instructions for it and what I'm looking for, he wants to know why he has to be as detailed if he's debated other cases he's written before. So I had to explain that for those that have never written a case before, it should help them write a good case that is understandable and I felt that they should all follow the same criteria.

I'm slowly getting caught up on grading. I really need to learn to give less work. Or maybe assignments that are easier to grade. I don't know.

Well, that's all the excitement here tonight. I'm watching a Monk re-run and I'm going to head to bed shortly. I need to wash my Halloween stuff for tomorrow. I have a holiday shirt and vest that I get to wear every year.

4 comments:

Mama Llama said...

I hope you could find your chocolate. I woke up needing it this morning--is 6 a.m. too early to give in? :)

Trick or treats at my site, if you are interested in a spooky read. Have a Happy Halloween!

Terri said...

I hope today at school is a fun and relaxing day and the problem student keeps his trap shut - lol! Enjoy!

Cin said...

Chocolate ALWAYS helps! :) That bratty kid needs a foot in his arse! It's a shame he always has to ruin things.

Mary said...

The problem student needs someone to have a reality talk with him. I know you can't do it. Parents are the real culprit in cases like this. (Who knows what kind of home life he has.) They support and reinforce the kid in his behavior. In a couple of years they'll be blaming the system because he's in real trouble. I'm so sorry you have to deal with him and wish I could offer more advice.