Saturday, October 06, 2007

Made it back in one piece

I'm a bit tired after a long day of waiting. We had sessions/meetings until 12:30 today. We left shortly after that and went to lunch. I was starving by that time having skipped dinner the night before. We went to the Village Inn and I had a Chicken Ranch sandwich with fries. I also had 1/2 a slice of key lime pie for dessert. From there we took our rental car back and then to the airport. We got there 4 hours early. I stopped at a book store because I knew I'd need something to read. I found a very interesting book called This is Your Brain on Music. It goes into a lot of the scientific background about music but is explained in a way that most people can understand it. I read it off and on while waiting. The reading didn't go very fast because there were several things I had to re-read to understand. Around 5:30 I got some dinner since I wouldn't have another chance to eat until after I got back to Amarillo around 9:30.

Our plane left on time around 6:50, stopped in Dallas, and then got to Amarillo by 9:20. The luggage, however, took over 20 minutes before it came out on the carousel. I took the shuttle to my car and headed home a little before 10:00. My animals seemed to miss me quite a bit. Josh seemed indifferent... but he's a teenage boy and that's to be expected. He did take the bags of peanuts I saved for him.

Tomorrow I'm going to church and then grading papers. Well, it's time to call it a night.

3 comments:

Mary said...

There's no tired like the tired from waiting in airports. Welcome home from a safe trip. Rest up 'cause Monday is-a-breath away.

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you returned safely.

Andrew said...

Welcome home dear friend. Give Roo a welcome home hug. This blog needs more Roo!