Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Midweek Mutterings

We like alliteration, right? Another uneventful day without getting caught up. It seems every time I take two steps forward, I go three steps back. I get a few things accomplished and six more things pop up. I'm going to start making a list of all the things that I have to keep up with as a teacher. You'd probably be amazed. Tomorrow will be a nice day, I think. My interp & debate classes will have the next two days to work on tournament material. In comm. app we're going to play charades. (We're going over nonverbal communication.) Hopefully I can get caught up on grading and my multitude of other items on my ever-growing list.

I had to stay a little while after school to listen to a student perform. I'm only taking six to a tournament this weekend. All the other kids are going to band contest. Tomorrow I have choir rehearsal. We're singing at the 8:30 Mass on Sunday. I still haven't decided if I'm going to go to the fallback festival. I want to go, but it will cost $100 for a ticket. (Another one of those things where it is more difficult to be single.) It is for a good cause and if I really had the money, I could easily justify spending it. Most years, I've been unable to go because of a tournament conflict, but it has been moved to a later weekend and I "could" go... if I cough up the money. I volunteered to help, but you still have to buy a ticket. I need to make a decision by this weekend. I'm still contemplating the idea of selling my rosaries at a craft fair. That will cost $30 for booth rent, but I would hope to earn that back after selling a few rosaries.

I brought home papers to grade, but I don't think I can concentrate on them. I'm watching Criminal Minds right now and I'll be heading to bed by 9:30 once again. That seems to be helping me... going to bed early. I'm still tired by the end of the day, but I get going in the morning better. I finally got a book I ordered through Ebay last month. Turns out that they had the wrong address. I'm going to try to start reading it tonight. I need a little bit of pleasure in my life.

Well, that's all I have to report. I'm going to enjoy my show, play a game of scrabble, and read a little bit before hitting the sack.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Your days seem busy with so many things to do and so many kids looking to you for help and guidance. Your list seems endless. I admire you for being able to keep up with it all.

Summer said...

If you volunteer at the festival you still have to buy a ticket?

Andrew said...

Here I have nothing to do and you have too much to do. I wish we could help each other by sharing the load. I worry about you and the load you must bear. I know you wish you had a partner to help with it. Do you ever hear from Marty any? That seems like so long ago. That shows how long I have been reading your blog religiously. Take care gentle soul and your online friends are thinking of you.