Thursday, October 11, 2007

Needing some creativity

I think it's just because I'm so tired. Today wasn't any better in terms of feeling exhausted. I keep meaning to get to bed early, but I'm still not getting there until 10:30 or so. Getting up at 6:00 a.m. comes too early. By lunch time today I already felt tired. By the end of the day, I was struggling to function. I'm going to have to get caught up on sleep soon. I always have good intentions at least.

I did come up with an idea for a costume. I went as the Sorry! game. I hot glued the pieces to the game board and then attached it to the top and bottom boxes with shoulder straps and just wore it around my body. I did get lots of smiles and compliments on it today. Tomorrow is Maroon and White day so I will just wear my spirit shirt along with jeans. (Jeans are allowed on spirit days.)

O.k. now for my creativity needs. My 2nd period class and I have come up with our door decorating idea and after school today I started putting it up. I am in need of a few more ideas to fill a space at the bottom. Here's the door idea so far:

The title on the top of the door is "It's All in the Game" We then created phrases made from game titles. We typed the phrases and inserted pictures of the games for the special words. Here are the ones we've used so far. (CAPS are board games)

When you get into TROUBLE, don’t COVER UP; say you are SORRY.
OTHELLO may BOGGLE your mind, but SHAKESPEARE can help you GO TO THE HEAD OF THE CLASS.
Sometimes you have to take a RISK to reach PERFECTION.
THE GAME OF LIFE may be HIT OR MISS, but you CAN’T STOP.
Sometimes it takes an OPERATION to get rid of a COOTIE.
When in JEOPARDY, don’t WIG OUT. Use your CRANIUM to STAY ALIVE.
ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER? If not, get a CLUE.
Don’t be BLOCKHEAD; be a MASTERMIND.
There is no such thing as EASY MONEY; EASY COME, EASY GO.
Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a MONOPOLY on wisdom.
FOR THE RECORD, the Herd will have THE FINAL WORD so DON’T YOU FORGET IT.

I need one or two more ideas to fill the rest of the space on my door. Here's a great site that you can use for board game titles. I prefer to have at least two titles in the phrase. It needs to be school appropriate. It wouldn't hurt to have another one dealing with school spirit. Our team is the HERD (Hereford Whitefaces) and our opponents for this game are the Palo Duro DONS. I like the following game titles, but I can't think of anything really catchy with them: Aggravation, Domination, Backwards, Face It, Eat It, Acquire, and Knowledge. Here's the rules: It needs to be clever, use at least two or more game titles, school appropriate, and the game picture must clearly show the title to be used. So have at it. I need it by 9:00 tomorrow morning (CST). The best one will get a prize. I don't know what the prize will be yet, but I'll think of something.

2 comments:

Leann said...

AGRIVATION can turn you BACKWARDS so FACE IT and you will AQUIRE KNOWLEDGE

Summer said...

You go Leann!! Great!