Friday, October 05, 2007

Some Down Time

I actually have moment of down time so I thought I'd write a quick post. This morning's breakfast was decent. Of course I don't eat eggs, so it's interesting to find food, but I had some fried potatoes, bacon, sausage, pineapple, and a blueberry muffin. It was a breakfast buffet. It hit the spot pretty well, but I'm still tired this morning.

Our hotel is pretty nice. We're on the 17th floor which is really the 16th since it's one of those that omits the 13th floor out of superstition. We have decent view of downtown San Antonio but it is pretty far away. I joined the hotel's guest program in order to get the free internet access, but it has some other perks as well. I get to fill out a card and hang it on my door and they will deliver complimentary beverages in the morning along with a newspaper. Yesterday morning we had herbal tea and cranberry juice. (Though I only had time to drink the tea.) This morning we ordered cokes and saved them to drink later. (And I'm having it now as I need my caffeine fix.) This morning I went to a session on using movies in the classroom and got some good information on how to put some of the technological aspects of it together. I need to work on getting some materials for that. Again... it is something I'd love to incorporate, but I'm wondering where I'll find the time.

Some of the other coaches and people from our area keep saying that it is their mission to get me a "life" but I'm wondering what that might entail. I'm not sure what else I need to report. We have a luncheon this afternoon along with more sessions and meetings. Tomorrow our flight isn't until 6:30 so there won't be any rush to get to the airport. I am really glad that I have Monday off to recuperate. Unfortunately, I have a ton of papers to grade on Sunday and have to have my grades in by noon on Monday. It's just not a good time to be away from school in that respect. I am, however, glad to be here and I think I'll have plenty of new ideas to use.

Well, I'm off to read some blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So a lot of work and all ... but do you like it? Is it inspirational, can you use it?
Hope you feel good.

BTW I'd be very cautious if someone would come up with my (new) life, uninvited ...

Andrew said...

Glad you're there safe and settled in. You know your friends worry about you, but you are a big girl and can take care of yourself. I am just glad the convention is useful for class material and not a waste of your time. Take care dear friend and sleep tight tonight.