Sunday, October 28, 2007

Until it Hurts

One of the things mentioned in Sunday school class today was about giving back. Someone said that you shouldn't give until you feel better, but until it hurts. That's what I'm going with today. I paid $100 for a ticket to the festival. I also paid $30 for booth/table rent at the upcoming craft fair. I'm putting it in God's hands and pray that he'll provide. Groceries may be lean this month, but I have to go with what I believe I'm called to do.

My singing wasn't that great today. I felt tired and my voice was weak. Singing at 8:30 in the morning after a tournament probably isn't a good idea. I'm singing again on Thursday. It is All Saints Day and a Holy Day of Obligation. Maybe it will go better in the evening as Mass is at 7:00 p.m.

The band didn't make it to finals at their contest yesterday. They did a good show, however, and were first in their division. They headed back this morning and should have gotten in around 2:30 p.m. Josh then headed to Amarillo for orchestra rehearsal. His concert is next week.

I came home after church and made some lunch. I tried napping, but it didn't work. I had to go up to the school and put Josh's clarinets and his music in his car so he could leave for rehearsal right away. I did get some dishes done. I need to get some papers graded today. I guess I should get started on that.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I pray that the money is well spent. I would be overjoyed just to have that much to spend.

Josh is really talented. Isn't he? I am always in awe at what he does and he stays so busy with his endeavors.

I was thrilled to death to stop by and see an update. Good luck on grading papers. I will be thinking of you dear friend. Take care and call me sometimes. I would love talking to you. I wish I could call you.

Andrew

Billy said...

Hey girl. Sounds like you are getting a bit tired. When and where is the craft fair? I bet you do great.

Leann said...

I'm sure your investment will be returned 10 fold and you'll be amazed at the outcome.

Believe in advance that it will happen and God will deliver.