Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Simply Worn Out

I don't know what it is, but I've been thoroughly exhausted the past few days. By the end of the school day, I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm still behind, but I'm taking all your advice and simply prioritizing. I think actually teaching my students is more important than writing my mentor letters, calling parents, and creating a syllabus.

O.k. I need some help. I have to dress up for tomorrow's spirit day and I have no idea what to wear. The "theme" is board games. I can dress up as part of one of the class themes which are "Battleship", "Mousetrap", "Candyland", or "Monopoly". Our door for my homeroom class isn't focused on one particular game, but rather a lot of them. We're creating maxims made out of game titles like "If you get in TROUBLE, always say you're SORRY." Any ideas? I don't have time to make something complex.

I was a hit with my Marvin stuff today. I didn't dress up AS Marvin, but I wore a bunch of my Marvin stuff. I had on pajama pants, a t-shirt, a long-sleeve shirt, socks, slippers, necklace, earrings and a hat. I even took my Marvin Bubble Ray gun as well. I hate to not dress up tomorrow, but I'm at a loss for ideas. If you have any, let me know ASAP.

I'm going to make a point to get to bed early tonight. I think I just need more rest. That might be some wishful thinking.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

I was trying to think of what you could do. If you have a monopoly set then you could pin the currency on your clothes and make a little necklace out of the player peices. I know that was a terrible idea and I wish I was of more help. Sleep tight tonight. I am going to bed early myself. Felt so tired lately as well. Have a great day tomorrow dear friend!

Leann said...

If I were more creative and had a brain that worked quickly I'd so totally help you out.....but since I don't.....SORRY.

Terri said...

can't wait to hear what you did. The marvin stuff sounds fun; you were probably more of a hit because you wore pajama bottoms than the stuff that was on them! :o)

Billy said...

I would have gone dressed as a thimble.

Anonymous said...

Chess. Wear all with karos, best black and white. Anything Karo from toe to head. If anyone ask let him guess. Maybe you can have a crown :) Do remember that the Lady is the most powerful figure on the board, the kings just stands around ...