Friday, June 08, 2007

Another fact/habit meme

Borrowed this meme from Martha, Martha. Some of these I’ve items I have posted before, but I have some new readers that may not know some of my quirks.

“For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”

Fact: I have ridden 125 different rollercoasters. About 6 years ago, the number I had ridden at that point was 10. Since I joined ACE in 2001, I’ve managed to go to several parks during some summer trips. I still intend to get to Atlanta this summer, but now that’s dependent on what it’s going to cost to fix Josh’s car at this point.

Habit: I rarely wear shoes when I’m home and they usually come off within moments of coming in the door. Generally you can find numerous pairs of shoes scattered throughout the house – under my desk, in front of the couch, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, on the floor of my room, floor of my closet… you get the picture. One time my ex-husband thought he would try to teach Josh and myself a lesson on this matter by hiding our shoes that we’d left out. This really irritated me and it made me late for work and Josh late for school. I told him that if he didn’t like the shoes out to either get over it or put them up where they belong but it’s one of those habits that I wasn’t going to break.

Fact: I have this thing about memorizing numbers. I can remember birthdays of people I knew in junior high. I know all my phone numbers since 2nd grade. I still know my mom’s driver’s license number, my ex’s social security number, Josh’s SS # and driver’s license, my own SS, license, bank account, and visa card numbers. I even know one of my student’s driver’s license number because I gave him a pattern to remember it and now I won’t forget it. I can’t just read it and memorize it though… I have to make an effort, but once it’s down, I never forget it.

Habit: I can’t watch scary movies unless I know how it ends. I’ve also been known to peek at the end of books I’m reading. I guess I don’t like surprises much.

Fact: I have made more than 30 rosaries and haven’t sold a single one. I generally give them away. I’ve made them for my RCIA class, my sponsor, and my graduating seniors. I gave one away to every member of my brother’s family and one to my aunt in Albuquerque. I keep thinking that I’m going to put them online one of these days to sell, but I haven’t gotten around to it. I still have about 10 more that I haven’t given away yet. Oh and Summer – I’ve made you a pink one that I wanted to send to you. Email me your address so I can get it to you!

Habit: I bite or tear my nails. They’re flimsy nails and it’s pointless to grow them out. I rarely paint them because it never lasts. I work with my hands so much that half the polish is gone in less than a day.

Fact: I broke my neck when I was four years old after getting hit by a car. I actually had a broken neck for over a week before it was discovered that it was actually broken. I was flown to Oklahoma City where they did surgery on my neck and fused the cracked vertebra. Because of that, I got the nickname “Steel Neck” from a friend of the family. I was actually fairly accident prone as a kid. When I was two I got my head stuck in a cabinet and tore my earlobe in getting it out (3 stitches), When I was three, I fell off of a slide at the park and busted my head (20 stitches), and I once ate a whole bottle of baby aspirin by myself when I was four. After the broken neck, I settled down and didn’t have to go to the hospital again until I gave birth to Josh.

Habit: When I travel, I always take a religious item with me. Even before I started going back to church, I would always take the small New Testament Bible that was given to me when Josh was born. Now I wear my crucifix and usually take a rosary with me.

I'm going to break the rules by not tagging anyone and will allow you to choose to do the meme if you are so inclined. Just let me know if you do it so I can read it!

No comments: