Friday, June 22, 2007

Winding Down

Yesterday was kind of miserable because of having major allergies. I had all the classic symptoms. Sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose. My co-teacher gave me some cold medicine to take yesterday morning which didn't seem to help much other than making me a little sleepy. My students were out after rounds 5 and 6 yesterday so we were able to leave a little early. We came back to the hotel and I remembered that I had some other allergy medicine in my bag so I took it. It actually helped, but did make me a little sleepy. We went and had lunch and then went to watch the finals rounds of most of the main events. I was disappointed in watching Humorous finals, but the Duo Interp was absolutely amazing. We got there around 3:30 and didn't leave until 9:45. We didn't have dinner so we went to Applebee's by our hotel for a late dinner. I slept very well and enjoyed being able to sleep in this morning.

This morning we went to the Village Inn for a brunch meal and then headed back to watch more finals. We watched LD debate, International Extemp, and Dramatic. We also stayed for the award assembly. We were there for seven hours. We left and went to dinner at a mexican restaurant. We got in around 9:30 tonight. I packed my suitcase, took a quick shower, and will be retiring soon. I am anxious to get home. I've missed it. I really want to sleep in my own bed.

Well, it's getting late and we're leaving at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow so I've got to get some rest.

2 comments:

Susanlee said...

You guys have been there a long long time!! I hope you have a safe trip home!

Leann said...

The events sound interesting. I guess I ddin't realize there were so many different types of debate.