Saturday, June 30, 2007

The way to get me to clean

Cheryl asked if I actually got anything done and believe it or not, the answer is yes. When I know that company is coming over, I make sure to clean. When people come unannounced, most of the time I talk to them on my porch (if you can call it that). My house is now in an acceptable state, but it's still not great. I have 2/3 of the carpet up in the living room. Underneath was old linoleum that has glue and paint stains all over it. It doesn't look good, but there's nothing I can do about it. I found out that we're not getting our bonus (grant) money from school until our August paycheck. So I'll just have to explain to my guests that it's a temporary thing.

I went to Walmart today to get the things I need for dinner. I found a really good deal on the chicken... or so I thought. They rang up the original price so they had to go check on it.... for 10 minutes. Turns out that it was for different chicken that was not where the sign was located. I really hate that. I thought I checked carefully to make sure I was getting the right chicken. Luckily, they gave it to me for the lower price otherwise I probably would have just sent it back and gone to United to get it.

My kitchen is now clean as well as the living room (aside from the floor). I have furniture in the living room back in some semblance of order. Josh's bathroom is mostly clean, but I haven't tackled the toilet yet. I still need to tidy up the craft room, my bedroom and my bathroom. My bedroom and bathroom aren't really necessary because nobody should be going in there so I may just do those later. I do need to wash the sheets and comforter for the guest bedroom and remake the bed.

I talked to Marty tonight and wished him a happy birthday. He hasn't gotten his card, but he also hasn't checked his mail in the last several days. Oh, and Prison Pete's editor just celebrated a birthday so if you read that blog you can say something over there. Well, I'm going to get a few more things done before bed time. I can't believe I cleaned almost all day and didn't read any of my book.

No comments: