Monday, June 18, 2007

1000 and counting

Today marks my 1000th post in this blog. I have been blogging for a little over three years now and I just missed my three year anniversary which was on May 25. For the most part I've blogged daily with some exceptions here and there. I admit not all are original writings as I've done a few silly quizzes and memes. I have to thank my friend Patrick for getting me involved in blogging. It wasn't my first experience as I had a live journal page for a while before I got on blogger, but I didn't update it regularly. Patrick is a gifted writer, but doesn't update much these days as life (work and family) take up his time which is understandable. You all know that I have no life so I blog pretty regularly. I don't know what it is, but I feel almost an obligation to blog daily if possible. I hate to say it, but I often get the most comments when I don't blog because then people start worrying about me! I know I don't have too many insightful things to share with you but I am grateful for those of you that stop by regularly just to read about my day. I know it doesn't change much and I don't often share my deepest thoughts, but I am delighted to know that there are some people that have bookmarked me!

My first post was a basic introduction and I know that some people haven't read since the beginning. A good portion of the blog was spent on my relationship with Marty. I gave a somewhat brief summary of it here. One of my summer projects is going to be updating my posts with tags. I have a few favorite blogs that I've written. My best work was probably the one about choices. I created my own meme once that didn't get much response, but I thought it was a cool idea. I often write about the same things, but I guess we all do to some degree. I started with coasters, progressed to relationships, and I think a post that doesn't mention housework is probably incomplete. I often brag about my son or my kids at school. I chronicled much of my Catholic journey until I created a separate blog for it. I have changed quite a bit in the past three years I've noticed. I started letting go of the bad girl side of me that was left over from my marriage and I'm getting close to figuring out who I really am (or at least who I really want to be).

I have developed some amazing friends from blogging. Of course there's Patrick who I dated briefly. Two of my oldest and dearest blog friends are Andrew and Summer who I both met because of Prison Pete's blog. I happened on Pete's blog early in my blogging experience and thought it was very interesting. I nominated it for blogs of note and amazingly it was chosen. Because of the boom in Pete's readership, both Andrew and Summer started reading his blog which in turn lead them to mine or me to theirs... I can't remember really, but I am so thankful for both of them. I am excited to meet Andrew later this summer and I truly hope to meet Summer at some point as well.

I also have met Susan. She was a friend of Patrick's and I found out that she has a degree in speech and theatre and she graciously volunteered to judge at tournaments for me. I haven't been able to sit and talk with her at length because I've kept her busy judging when I've been busy myself. One of these days I'm coming down to Lubbock and we're going shopping together! Patrick's wife, Tiffany, also blogs and I've met her briefly as well. They both came to my confirmation which I thought was very kind of them.

I don't know if it's fate that the National Speech tournament is in Wichita this year, but I was so excited to find out that I would be able to meet Abbagirl. We have talked on the phone twice and she gave me a nice compliment in her blog about my voice. We are getting together Wednesday evening and I am looking forward to it very much. I identify with her quite a bit with she and I both being a single mom with a son.

There are several others that I've grown to care about and read their blogs regularly. I love Pipe Tobacco's ability to completely share his emotional state on his blog. Lisa is going through some major turmoil lately that breaks my heart because I have been in the same position she's in now. Recently, I've been reading some other blogs and am growing very involved in them. If you're listed in my links, I have you in my google reader and read every time you update, even though I don't always comment. If you're not listed, but you read my blog regularly, please let me know and I'll add you.

Well, I think I orginally had more to say, but it's taken me a long time to write this and I'm going to call it a night. I just want to say thanks to all my readers and I hope you continue to stop by because I'm going to continue writing.

4 comments:

Billy said...

Aw! That's sweet! Thank you. Now we just need to figure out how we can all get together next year!

Summer said...

Thanks for your kind words. I don't even remember how we started reading each other. I was attracted to your name as I love the poem Annabel Lee. Maybe it was Pete. I don't read him much anymore for various reasons. BTW I sent you my address. I hope I had your email right!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the 1000th post! I am far away from that.
Scrolling down your link-list I saw that you put "Mago" in twice. Charming that is, but one time is enough - what will people think?

I never found out and never asked, but now I will: What are your students competing in? Is it singing? Roller-coastering?

Street Writer. said...

Congratulations on hitting 1000!

That is a great accomplishment and thanks for sharing your life.