Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Sanctuary

My bedroom isn't very big. Although it is technically a master bedroom since it has an attached bath, it is actually smaller than my son's room. My bed is a water bed so it is pretty much stuck where it is. Any rearranging has to be done around the bed. But I gave it some thought and moved some furniture and now I really love the way it is. I have two matching dressers that I moved together. Before they were in two different places in the room and it was often inconvenient. I also added my rocking chair that has not found a place in the house until now. I had it in the living room but it didn't quite fit. I then moved it to the extra bedroom and it didn't really fit there either. When I moved the dressers, I now had a nice corner of the room for it. I added a lamp table next to it and now I have a nice reading area. I moved my trunk out from the corner where it is usually hidden by the open closet door and fold down ironing board. I am also planning to get rid of the giant t.v. that is on one wall. It is suspended from the ceiling mostly and I don't watch it much. I am going to give it to Josh once I can get it down. As soon as I can get my curtains made, it will be quite perfect. I'll take pictures once I have the curtains made.

Todays agenda includes more laundry (go figure), cleaning out my closet, and cleaning my bathroom. That shouldn't take to long. Then I'm going to start on the extra bedroom. I plan to rearrange stuff in there as well. Now that I have a bed (well, a mattress) I need to put it in a different place where it's easier to actually make the bed when I have guests. I would like to have my craft room back because I actually have crafts that I'd like to work on this summer. I bought lots of beads a while back so I have several rosaries to make.

Well, that should keep me busy today. At least I'm somewhat motived to get things done.

3 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Jennifer:

Thank you so much for your comment today. It was very helpful and insightful. I appreciate your efforts greatly!

Moving, rearranging and simply deciding the placement of items in a home is such an odd sort of task... at one level it is fun and interesting because of the impact it can have, but at the same time it can be daunting and/or unsettling as it changes routine. I always have mixed emotions when I do this.

PipeTobacco

Terri said...

My, my, you are productive. Less than one week out of school and making progress at home already. If I were a teacher and summer came, this would be me: vacation, sleep, procrastinate, vacation again, sleep more and think about getting things done, but never really starting any projects. Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

Even more laundry?