Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday happenings

I planned on going to the 8:30 Mass this morning, but decided against it. Instead I slept an extra hour. I went to the adult faith formation class at 9:45 and Mass at 11:15. I found out that Josh's cousin's have moved back to Canyon and I saw them at church this morning. They are related to his dad and have always taken a special interest in him. They both used to work at his day care when he was little. We visited for a while. After church I went to the store and got some things for lunch and dinner. I'll do the major shopping tomorrow or Tuesday. I came home and checked email and such. I continued reading the second Harry Potter book that I had started while in Wichita. (I'm re-reading them awaiting the last book coming out in July).

I was thinking of taking a nap when my brother called and said he would come install the dog door for me. So I got up and cleaned the sliding windows and tidied up a bit before he came. He got here a little after 3:00 and spent about 45 minutes installing the door. I then had to re-teach two of my dogs how to use it. Mollie (the 3rd dog) is being stubborn about it. She learned to use the door to the garage but she doesn't seem to care for the door directly to the back yard. The other two caught on quickly but I've had to shove her out the door. Once she's outside, she will use it to come back in since I've blocked the entry to the garage. I think that when there's a squirrel or something to chase in the back yard, she'll start using it more. At least I hope so. I guess this means I can start cleaning out the garage, huh?

At 5:00 I went to the speech camp picnic. I decided to help with Oral Interp again but I'm only going to go in the mornings. Since Josh needs to use my car to go to band rehearsals, I'm not going to mess with going back in the afternoons. Besides, there's still too many things that need to be done around here. In the mornings I can spend time reading books and such.

My dad called me and he found some used engines for Josh's car, but it will cost around $700 for one (with the shipping). I don't have the money right now. I have almost enough in savings, but I'm still planning to use that for my trip to Atlanta. I'm still hoping that the bonus money from school comes through soon this summer. I should be o.k. once that money comes thought it means that I'm going to have to go with really cheap floor tile for the living room. I guess I'll just watch for some good sales. It also means I probably won't be able to have my clarinet fixed for a while. Oh well... I think vacations are important. I know that perhaps it's a good idea to pinch and save money, but I am of the mindset that you have to enjoy things when you can because you never know when your time is up. If I save and save for a rainy day and avoid doing things for fun and seeing the world, I may not ever do it.

Now it's time for bed. I did finish the 2nd book tonight and I think I'll wait to start the 3rd one.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a full/fun busy day.

Lisa