Thursday, June 07, 2007

Where has the week gone?

I don't know if it's me, but time seems to travel much faster the older you get. I know that as a kid, the days seemed to drag on sometimes and I couldn't wait to grow up. Now I want things to slow down and I'd give almost anything to go back to those carefree days when I had lots of friends and activities and no bills to pay. Now some of the other times when I was struggling as a single parent in college and on welfare...I don't want to return there although in some ways that was easier too. Maybe I miss college. I have always loved learning new things. I really do want to go back some day.

I still love my clean bedroom. I am finding that I am spending most of my time in here. Thanks to a laptop and my wireless setup, I can blog from anywhere in the house. I feel better and happier in a clean space. (Go figure) Being out in the living room just depresses me right now. I'm going to get started on painting the bureau and nightstand later this afternoon. Josh is playing in the summer band concert this afternoon so I'm going to go listen. Usually I play in summer band, but there's too much I need to get done and my clarinet is having some issues lately. I need to have it re-worked (pads & corks replaced, keys fixed, etc.) but I don't want to spend money on that right now. I have too many other grandiose plans instead. I still have about $700 in savings that will either go to a trip later this summer or to new furniture. Josh has needed a new bed for a long time and I really want to get him one. I hate my couches in the living room. I really, really, really want new furniture in there including a coffee table that I haven't had since moving in here three years ago.

I got my hair cut this morning. It feels and looks so much better. I even put make-up on today.

And to respond to Mago's comment regarding laundry... I ALWAYS have laundry to do. Actually I'm caught up for the most part. I have some things that need to be dry cleaned and some other things like blankets that aren't being used, but I've got plenty of clean underwear so that's all that matters right now.

I took my dog Max for a R.I.D.E. this morning. He was so excited. I really need to take them out more. We went to Sonic and I got a lime coke and he got a junior burger. (Actually I got two burgers and brought them home to share with the other dogs.) I am thinking of going to Amarillo and look at beds this afternoon, however. The painting may have to wait until later. Maybe it will inspire me to move faster. I am also planning on getting Josh's room cleaned up as well. (It's a typical teenage pigsty) He has promised to clean it up if he gets a new bed. Hmmm... might be worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Annabel,

I confess I haven't been around in quite some time. There are so many blogs, I really only reciprocate.

I know what you mean. It seems like we can never appreciate things in their own time. (And the fact that the last statement just came from me is truly ironic.:>)

It would be nice to see a picture of your bedroom. (wink,wink, nudge,nudge)

Sorry to hear about the insomnia. Have you been getting any exercise? Getting yourself out for a walk, even when you don't feel like it may help. It helps me balance out some of the chemicals in my brain.
Take Care,
-P