Sunday, June 10, 2007

Last week of freedom

Sorry about not posting yesterday. I got very involved in a new blog that I am going to share with you. I went back to the beginning of it and started reading the past posts. It is the diary of a woman from 1925-1927. The grand-daughter is posting the entries daily from the original diary. The posts are short, but there is quite a bit of commentary from the grand-daughter and other members of the family which makes it more interesting. It is really strange to have a personal glimpse into the life of a housewife in that time period. I don't feel so bad about writing about how my life revolves around cleaning. Every day she has ironing, washing, sewing, cooking etc. to do! It's exhausting to read at times. If you find it interesting, do go back and read from the beginning. That way you get the whole story with lots of background information. I still haven't caught up, but am just a few months away from the current posts. You can find the blog/diary here.

Yesterday I put a coat of paint on the bureau and let it set. (needed 4 hours to dry) Then I got ready for the party. Josh and I left around 5:30 and then went and picked up my friend Pam. I got to catch up with some theatre friends so it was nice. They kept asking me to come audition for their summer Shakespeare production. It might be fun, but I've discovered usually it's poorly put together so it's not really that great. I guess I should consider it because it would give me something to do. But then again, I don't want to spend the gas to go up there for rehearsals all the time. I'm also planning to be gone some this summer. I just don't know.

I went to church this morning at 8:30. I also went to the Sunday school class which was nice. I picked up Donuts after church at Josh's request. The class is having a potluck dinner tonight that I'm going to go to at 6:00. I need to go to the store to get something to make. I think I'll make a pineapple upside down cake.

Still no news on the car. Hopefully no news is good news.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I was thinking of you today when I and Charlie were setting up beds and furniture at my new house.

"This is the bed I want Annabel to have when she visits," I told Charlie at one point.

I even put up curtains in my front computer room. Aren't I just the domestic goddess? lol

Look forward to reading your new blog.

Carol Michel said...

I am so happy you are enjoying my grandmother's diaries. We all get tired sometimes thinking about all she had to do each day just to keep her family clothed and fed! And thanks for the links to Tech High School. I hadn't explored their alumni site that closely to find those commencement programs.