Friday, June 08, 2007

My Friday

I slept in this morning despite waking up at 6:30 a.m. for whatever reason. After waking up, I stayed in bed while I read blogs, did a meme, checked email and balanced my checkbook. I fixed some lunch around 11:30 and then finally started painting the bureau. It has taken several coats of primer but tomorrow I should be able to use the actual paint and probably will only need one coat of it. I'm still thinking about the layout of the room, but it will be a while before it's put together. I haven't heard about Josh's car yet, but the mechanic probably hasn't gotten to it yet.

This afternoon I took Josh to the bank so he could learn how to fill out a deposit slip and put money in his account. Shortly after that, I went to walmart to get another paint brush along with a few other necessary items. I also bought myself some cheap flowers that were on sale. They're just some colorful carnations, but they look nice in my room. A girl's gotta have flowers every now and then. I came home and put another coat of primer on the bureau and then made supper around 6:30. I decided to make pizza and it was quite delicious. Now I'm just waiting for paint to dry. I won't do any more painting tonight. I'm going to try to finish the basic white paint tomorrow and perhaps get started on the detail work. I hope to have it finished by this weekend. Then I can get the room finished hopefully before I leave next Saturday for Wichita. I'm still excited about getting to meet my blogging friend Abbagirl.

Oh, I almost forgot - I'm going out tomorrow night. Can you believe it? No, it's not a date, but I am going to a party. I'm taking my friend Pam with me. The party is for my friend Cristal that just finished law school. I'll get to see some old theatre friends so that should be cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember how excited I was getting my first bank account. I was so determined to show how responsible I could be.

Have fun at the party. When parties are at houses, I usually like to hang out in the kitchen or on the back porch.

You can also meet some nice guys standing in line for the bathroom. :>
-P

Cheryl said...

I'll admit I never balance my checkbook. I'd rather clean the toilet than do that. Silly, huh?

You're going to meet abbagirl? That's great! I can't wait to hear about it.