Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Chase is over... almost

Today was a nice easygoing day. I was actually wide awake at 6:00 a.m though I didn't get up until around 6:40. I got ready and my students and I left for church at 8:00 a.m. We made it there quickly thanks to google maps. It was a nice service that included a baptism of a baby this morning. We got back to the hotel around 9:45. I checked mail (nothing) and caught up on blogs. We went to registration at 10:00 and finished around 11:30. We came back to the area where our hotel is and had lunch at a restaurant called Spangles. It was pretty good. I wanted dessert (they had shakes, and lots of frozen treats pictured all over the place) but I was too full. After lunch we made a run over to the schools so we'd know how to get there in the morning. We got back around 2:30 and I called Abbagirl so that we could make plans for the week. We're going to go to dinner on Wednesday evening. I'm very excited about it. We're about to leave to go to a dinner theatre. I'm going to leave you with the last of my 1985 post. I have a special post planned for tomorrow so stay tuned!

  • After all I’ve gone through with Bret I have to thank him for one thing. Because of being in misery and upset over him, I lost my appetite and I lost weight. (I thought I didn't obsess about weight until well after I had Josh - back then I was a size 3) That’s the only good thing that I got ouf chasing him. After what seems like forever, I finally realize that Bret isn’t worth wasting my time on him. I’ve written him notes. I gave him a tape and I talked to him and he hasn’t listened to anything I’ve said the whole time I’ve liked him. It has never seemed fair but Bret is just an immature little boy and it will take a while for him to grow up. (O.k. maybe I was just upset - but Bret actually was and always has been for the most part mature - except for the whole birthday surprise thing - another story, another time.) I tried to settle things with him but he wouldn’t listen so I decided to just pretend that nothing ever happened and we could start all over as just friends. That’s the way it is and will always be. Now that everything is over I’m a happy person again. (I admit I didn't quite let go completely at that point, but I did by the time I was a junior in high school. Bret has been and continues to be one of my very good friends.)

2 comments:

Billy said...

Yeah! I can't wait! It will be a lot of fun. Too bad we don't have more time to see some sights. Hope your night at the dinner theater was a good one.

Terri said...

I'm so jealous you guys get to meet. This is a new concept to me but the more I get to know everyone thru their blogs; the more I can see it happening! have fun on your trip.